WELCOME TO THE GENIUS WIKI
WHAT DOES GENIUS MEANS?
GENIUS means GENeration of Interface for Users of Scientific S/W.
WHERE TO GET IT ?
Just go there ...
WHY GENIUS ?
In Java world, basic tools, as swing, may become relatively complex to use because it stays at a certain low level (on the opposite, it allows to do a lot of things). Moreover, GUI for flight dynamics tools (or, more generally, scientific tools) need most of the time :
- To enter input (numerical) data from the screen or the keyboard
- To read / write these data into files
- To execute computation thanks to these data,
- To visualize results
So, GENIUS, is a CNES higher level layer based on swing, fully written in Java (no need of code generation) but allowing to create more easily such GUI.
- As it is coded in Java, this product is available for any kind of platforms owning Java.
- GENIUS is provided as Open Source under license Apache 2.0. Java doc is accessible via this site.
- Simplified approach, in particular about events management (BEFORE, AFTER)
- Performing conditional display
- Read/write for files directly integrated
- Units management
- Process management compatible of all OS (thanks to Java).
- More complete tutorials are available in the training & tutorials package.
- Training slides are also available here.
CURRENT VERSION: 1.9
Some interesting evolutions and corrections have been implemented in this version and no incompatibilities has been identified versus V1.8 code source (see here).
- Version 1.8 : some interesting evolutions and corrections, (see here).
- Version 1.7 : some evolutions and corrections, (see here).
- Version 1.6.2 : some few corrections and evolution, (see here).
- Version 1.6.1 : just one bug correction, (see here).
- Version 1.6 : some evolutions and corrections, (see here).
- Version 1.5: some minor changes and corrections have been implemented. Moreover, only one incompatibility exists on the code source but is very easy to correct (see here).
- Version 1.4.1: some interesting improvements with a minor incompatibility versus the V1.3 version (see here).
- Version 1.4 (not deployed).
- Version 1.3: just a minor incompatibility versus the V1.2.1 version.
- Version 1.2.1 (the V1.2 version does not exist actually as it has never been deployed).
- Version 1.1: there are some incompatibilities versus the V1.1 version.
- Version 1.0A2
- Version 1.0A1
- Version 1.0
|Disponibility||from 26/Aug/2019||from 12/Oct/2018||from 06/Nov/2017||-|